What you need:
- 2 lemons
- Cold water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar (this will make the lemonade sweet. If you
don't want it too sweet, use less sugar)
- Ice (optional)
This mixture makes one glass. Increase the amount of ingredients
to make more.
- Squeeze the lemons into a glass. Try to squeeze as much juice
- Pour in an equal amount of cold water.
- Stir in a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Stir in the sugar if you want sweet lemonade and add the ice if
you're using it.
Baking soda is an alkaline. Lemon juice is an acid. When you add
the two together, aN acid-base reaction happens. The reaction gives
off carbon dioxide, which produces bubbles.
Experiment with adding more or less baking soda, to get the
fizziness just right.